Thursday, February 21, 2013

Vendor Spotlight Feature | Little Diva and Dude Designs

Hi everyone!  It's Thursday again!  And this week that means it's time for my new vendor spotlight feature.  I'll be showing off some of my favorite vendors here on the blog every other Thursday.  You'll learn about some of the awesome businesses where I get my props and maybe even get to save a little if you shop with them too!  So with my Spots About Town feature on opposite Thursdays, that means every Thursday you'll find something new here on the blog.
Let's get started, shall we?

I'm starting this new feature off with one of my favorite prop shops who just so happens to be local to me!  How lucky am I that I live in the same town as Kristi of Little Diva and Dude Designs?!  Heck, I've even met her on a few occasions and had the pleasure of collaborating with her on a custom project for a modeling shoot I did.  So without further delay, here's the scoop on Little Diva and Dude Designs!


You can find them on facebook here and in their shop on Etsy here.


1) Tell me about Little Diva and Dude Designs.

Kristi:  Little Diva and Dude Designs actually started as Little Diva Designs after I had my oldest daughter, I always called her my "little diva" and so the name came from there.  I just started out making hair clips and bows for her and it all grew from there.  After I had my twins my mother and I decided to team up and really start the business and we decided we needed to add in the "dude" as I then had a son too (I had boy/girl twins) and to start offering boy items.  We have now evolved into offering a wide range of accessories for little ones (and some bigger ones). Everything from headbands and tutus to bowties and dresses.  A lot of what we make are also used by photographers as props for their shoots.  We are always experimenting and offering new items.






2) What made you decide to start the business?

Kristi:  I have always crafted with my mom even as a little girl I always loved a good glue gun and my mom is an amazing seamstress (starting in childhood she would make her own clothes).  We talked a lot about starting a business together we even thought about making a dog clothing line (my dog was my baby before my babies:)) but it didn't work out.  So when I started making bows mom started making dresses and onesies and we would get a lot of people asking about purchasing them.  So we knew that was what we were going to do.






3) Tell me a little about you.

Kristi:  I have a 6 year old daughter, and almost 4 year old boy/girl twins.  I also have an amazing husband who has been so wonderful and supportive of this journey we have been on with LDDD. My children are my heart and are the reason I do what I do.  I am fortunate to stay home with them, and so part of why I started this business was to help support our family so I could continue to do so.  I LOVE to craft (obviously) but also love creating new Pinterest projects for our home.  My second love to crafting is photography, in being in the photography prop business I have admired so many amazing photographers and have wanted to try it for years.  I even took a photography class back in school and last year my wonderful hubby got me a DSLR for Christmas and I just can't put it down!  Thankfully living here in the sunshine state I get to use it almost daily outside snapping shots of my kiddies!

The other half of LDDD is my wonderful mom, she is retiring soon and moving closer (she is about an hour away now) so we can't wait to be able to spend some quality time with her and will be able to work closer and create lots more LDDD goodies!!



Here's a little something from that modeling shoot I did.  Hat and tank top are by Little Diva and Dude Designs which they made to match the pettiskirt I found online.  I'd say they did an amazing job!


Kristi is generously offering a 20% off discount to my readers!  Use code 20OFF when checking out in their Etsy shop: www.littledivaanddude.etsy.com

Thanks Kristi! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!  I know it will be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment