Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's in my "bag"

Would you like to know what type of camera equipment I use? Well, today is your lucky day! Here is a run-down of what I use to create my photos.

I'm a Canon girl, and I currently own four DSLR camera bodies - a Rebel XT, 30D, 50D, and 5D. I got the Rebel back in 2005 and have been thrilled with what this entry level DSLR can do. The 30D was next and has seen a LOT of action shooting weddings and Disney trips. Last year I added the 5D, my first full frame DSLR, and this camera is just amazing! I recently picked up the 50D, and it will certainly be put to the test this year.

5D

My lenses - Canon's 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.8 II, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, and 16-35mm f/2.8L II, and a lensbaby 2.0. I also have an EF 12 II extension tube which I've used with several of these lenses.

I have two Canon Speedlites - the 430EX II and the 580EX II which I use often with my Gary Fong diffusers. I also received an umbrella and light stand for Christmas that I plan to play with very soon. I will post the results here on the blog of course. I also have both Lastolite and Westcott reflectors. I have been thrilled with both!

I use a Giottos carbon fiber tripod with a Manfrotto 322RC2 grip action ball head for some portraits and for fireworks. I also have a Manfrotto monopod for when I need some stabilization, but not necessarily a tripod.

I have replaced my Canon camera straps with a strap made by Lowepro that is much more comfortable to wear. And attached to each camera strap is a nifty little Mickey Mouse microfiber lens cloth I picked up at Walt Disney World.

Strap

The majority of this, along with cable shutter releases, battery grips, synch cord, lens filters (Hoya & Tiffen if you're curious), extra batteries and chargers, and various other necessities fits into my Pelican case, which accompanies me on location shoots. If we drive on vacation, the case comes along in the van then too.

Pelican Case

I have a Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack that I use for carrying around a camera, a few lenses, and accessories when we are visiting Disney parks, the Indy Zoo, or some other destination where it isn't practical or desirable to lug around a large case.

Lowepro bag 1 Lowepro bag 2

Well, there you have it. That's what I work with. I love to talk equipment, and I have a few items I'm planning to get before my next trip to Florida, so I'll post updates. There's a lot of cool camera stuff out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment